Thursday, February 19, 2009

Remember I'm a woman.



I belong to BIWA, Busan International Women's Association. They have some cool activities such as salsa classes, flower arrangement class, language classes, and so on. I enjoy some of them.

BIWA has coffee morning every Wednesday and has lunch together once a month. It was my first time to go to the lunch two weeks ago. I got some info about the lunch. According to a woman, people wear formal clothes for it. I threw my fine clothes away before I left for the U.S.. Who thinks I need nice clothes with Avram. He takes me to mountains, not to three star restaurants.

Anyway, I wore an ok sweater and skirt for the lunch. Then I realized I need a bag for it, so I went shopping to get a bag. I liked it. It was good price and fine looking.

I told Avram I bought the bag when he came home. He said, "You don't put make up and don't care about fashion for me, but look at you now. You do them for BIWA!" I don't understand why he complained to me. He should look at his closet. He has more clothes than I do. He can run a clothes shop now. We often went shopping for him last two years, but not for me (because I am not interested in brand and shopping). Anyway, I bought only "A" bag.

Everywhere I go and many people I meet, people usually ask me where I am from because of my looks. They think I'm not Japanese. One French woman said, "You really don't look like Japanese. Maybe it's because you don't put make up" though I did put make up that day. Oh, well.

That happens even in Japan, too. When I'm with Avram, people think we're foreigners. They talk to Avram in English or Japanese. Then I pretend I'm not Japanese because I am not good at talking. I also like being quiet. Avram is nice to talk with other people. That is his talent, so I enjoy watching him talking with Japanese people in Japanese.

I stopped putting make up, wearing nice clothes, going to Karaoke, and so on since I met him. Now my younger sister tells me, "Don't forget you are Japanese and a woman. I can't understand why Avram loves you at all." Then I tell her he loves me because I'm not like other women who care about fashion. It's much easier to live, but I sometimes worry I'm forgetting some etiquette, manners, and Japanese words to be polite to other people as Japanese.

Avram asks me if I will go out everyday. Otherwise I just stay home all day everyday because it's winter now. But he bought a nice winter jacket, gloves, and cap for me. I have enough winter clothes for OUTDOOR. He sometimes says I should carry a heavy backpack for training in case we go to Nepal for back packing.

I'm getting stronger. I need to be tough. I'm staying very far from Japanese woman now. But I love it better than being a girly woman.

I'm off to my training. I have my orange back pack and going to Mega Mart to get more stuff to make the back pack be full and heavy.

No comments: