Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Camping with Avram


I start to think what I should write for my next blog after Avram falls asleep.  Many stories comes up because he makes them everyday just like he makes music when he passes gas.

Today I have to tell you how helpful Avram is to make me stronger.

We went camping to Shenandoah National Park two years ago.  I saw some cautions about bears.  Unfortunately we couldn't get any room at the campsite.  I didn't hope Avram says, "Let's camp in the mountain."  But he did.  I said to myself, "Oh, my...no god in my life."  

We walked and walked.  Finally we found a flat place for making our tent.  Then he said we should eat far from our tent and hang our food on a tree because of bears.
He said, "Don't worry about bears" when we started the hiking.  Then why do we need to do that?!

At that time, we'd just started to live together, so I obeyed him.  I had tried to be a JAPANESE wife like many people imagine.  At least for a few months.(I'm kidding.  I have never tried to be so.)

He went to bed around nine as usual that night.  I couldn't sleep at all.  
How could I sleep?  I heard a helicopter, small animals, and finally a big animal around our tent.
The big animal sounded like it was walking around the tent.  I heard the breath near us.  I kept being quiet and shook Avram to make him wake up. 

He said, "I'm sorry" and then turned over.  I made him wake up again.  He asked me, "Did I snore?"  Sigh.

I was very scared of the noise, not his snoring.  I said, "Something is outside."  Avram said, "Yes?" and went back to sleep.  He didn't wake up until the sun light, next to his poor wife.  
I couldn't sleep at all that night, but I had to walk up and down hills for a long time the next day.


Avram let me do many kinds of experiences, so I'm getting used to challenging new things or more tough things.  I'm more easy going than before.  Actually it's much more fun than my old life.  Thanks to him.

According to him, (he's correcting my story next to me while I'm typing this now) "You don't mention the good part which shows how nice I am.  It was supposed to be a two night camping trip. But I'm always nice to you, so I said we can go home one day early for you."

Yes, Avram is a very nice husband.  He's perfect for me.

No comments: