Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back in Busan

Rie and I spent an enjoyable week up in Daegu. Daegu is about two hours north of Busan. I went up there for a class and Rie went up there to enjoy cable TV in the hotel room, although she did manage to explore the city a bit as well.

I had hoped to buy a computer and a car while up there, but things did not work out the way we had hoped. The computer I liked at the PX was sold out and there were no cars for sale in the commissary parking lot. Also, the wall where people usually post pictures of their used cars was under construction this week. I will head up there next month and try again.

Since we don't have a car yet, we take buses, trains and taxis around. Yesterday, and again today, the taxi driver got lost. When I tried to pay the fare indicated on the meter, he apologized, refused the full fare, and gave me change. That has never happened to me in any other country.

No comments: