Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our baby is as long as his... ?!


We take a walk every evening. It's a good time to talk about many things together.

Yesterday I was telling Avram that our baby's height is 30cm this week. Then he said, "Oh, it's as long as my poop in the morning!" I asked him who compares your baby with your poop. He said he just wanted to show his sympathy with me. According to him, he thought he could show it because both of them come out from your belly. Sigh.

After the walk, I was reading a magazine. I told him the baby is 600g. Then I saw his smile, so I said "Don't compare our baby with yours." He looked sad because he couldn't try to say... .

When we were going to bed, he asked me if we need a baby bed. I said our American futon is probably soft for the baby. Then he said he has a good idea for it. He said we can buy a plastic case to store for our baby. He thinks it's the best size and easy to carry. Avram, Avram:(

We are thinking we will give our baby a Japanese name with Chinese characters. Avram said it should be easy for his family such as geisha, ninja, sushi, fuji, and so on. No way! She might be able to be popular in the U.S., but she couldn't have any friends in Japan.

We are happy if the baby was a boy or a girl, but we asked the doctor which the baby is because we have to think of his/her name. The doctor said we should buy pink stuff. It means it's probably a girl. I'm happy to hear that, but according to Avram's smart brother's comment in our blog, we should think about having a boy baby. Brothers!

I wonder how long people can try not to pass a gas to other people. Unfortunately I did it when we were having a nice walk in a private beach in Jeju.(It was my first and last one in official.) Avram heard something and made a big smile. I could tell he was happy to hear that. Then he said it was his first time to see a bird put his wing to his nose holes and fell down from the sky. I said don't say silly to him, but after a while we walked, we saw a dead bird crushed to the beach. A lot of feathers were around there.
Of course, Avram was happy he could prove his word. Then I wonder how many birds he hit in his life.

Now we have many things to think about our baby, but I guess I have to consider about my husband first better.

1 comment:

Milo said...

Rie, I'd like to thank you again for letting my brother come home at night.

ninja is a cool name. ninjo would be for a boy, but ninja is for a girl. i'm going to chinatown today to have lunch with Grandma and Grandpa and Liana and Baily. I will make sure to look for a little pink ninja outfit.

aikido and momo are nice.

I am happy Avram's bowels are happy.

But I am sorry to hear about the bird on the beach. Such a sad story.

Please don't kick avram out tonight if it's very cold there, wait until spring.