Saturday, July 18, 2009

My re-re-re-re dedication to Running for 2009

I have been running off and on all year, but finally found a race to enter to help keep me motivated for my training. On October 18, I will be participating in the Gyeongju Marathon. It should be a bit more challenging than my last two because the course is hillier and the time limit is shorter. I will not be trying to run the race fast. In fact, I will be trying to go slow enough to enjoy the whole thing. I am putting lots of time and effort into the training, I don't want the race to be over too quickly.

My normal running route at home takes me by morning fish markets, a beach, and lots of retired people out for their morning walk. On weekends, I see beach aerobics and street-side eateries. Last weekend, I ran with a man from my neighborhood for a little while. He is an avid marathoner and told me about the hilly terrain in Gyeongju.

Up here in Seoul, it has been pretty rainy, so my river-side runs have been a bit muddy, but still lots of fun.

I am finally getting fit enough to run for 60+ minutes at a time. I know from past experience, that I don't really start to enjoy my runs until after the first 50 minutes. Today's run was 70 minutes, so I am finally getting some good, enjoyable running time in.

No comments: