Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our Muddy 3rd Anniversary

For Anniversary numbers 1 and 2, we dressed up nice and went to a fancy restaurant. Usually, Rie wears a beautiful Kimono and all the old men in the restaurant tell me how lucky I am. But, it seems that wearing a very tight belt for a few hours would not be comfortable for Rie's pregnant belly. So this year, we had to find something to do that did not involve dressing-up.

We took a bus 2 and 1/2 hours southwest from Seoul to the small town of Boryeong for their famous Mud Festival. I had a great time playing in the mud. After checking out all the sites, we rented a beach umbrella so that Rie could nap while I swam and ran on the beach.

Before I played in the mud, I had my arms and head painted with red mud. Then I slid down the mud slide to the beach.


A group of Koreans played traditional music with drums. Someone shoved a little cymbal in my hand and and I somehow became part of the show.

Playing the music was fun, but the wall of camera men with zoom lenses in my face was a bit disconcerting.


I enjoyed the mud bath/shower as well.

No comments: