Monday, October 26, 2009

What shall we talk about?

My parents sometimes wonder and talk what they will talk between them after my younger sister leaves home. Fortunately they try to have the same hobby or common things which they both enjoy together. It's farming so far. They like to grow organic vegetables for their children and grandchildren.

A few days ago, Avram and I were taking a nice walk in Haeundae Beach. We talked about the solution of farts. I said I remember how the smell is like when I hear the sound of farts. He said it doesn't smell when I hear the sound, it means I can use my imagination to change the smell to any kinds of flavors. Maybe it's true, but it's not so easy. I said people should put some aroma oils on their butts, then I could smell it. Avram said probably dish washing soap is better for it. Even though he didn't finish his words, I got what he meant. I asked him if he meant we can see colorful bubbles from the person. He was smiling.

We Japanese say we understand each other from the silence. We don't need words to express feelings. It means we understand the other one well. It's sometimes true and it sometimes doesn't work. I guess it's working between Avram and me so far, but I wonder if we will still talk about these topics even though our children grow up. I just can imagine our children could join us to Avram's wonderland.

When we turn to our parents' age, I wonder what we will be talking about. I hope we still enjoy traveling all over the world and talk about it with our families.

No comments: