Thursday, October 29, 2009

Don't make me laugh

Many Japanese people think it should be romantic to marry to an American man because we learn many things about the U.S. by movies. People imagine the lives of American romance movies. For example, a boyfriend or husband calls their girlfriend or wife "honey," and she calls him "darling." In weekends, the man brings breakfast to their bed and feeds her. People think the life should be very sweet. But when you live with your partner, you don't have to call them "honey" or "darling" if you're always close to each other in your place.

In our case, we usually don't have to call our names because we're always together. We just talk. Avram says it sounds like I'm upset with him when I sometimes call his name. It happens to me, too.

The other day, Avram heard the sound of fart.(I'm sorry I always write about this, but this often happens around us though I don't know why.) I didn't! He didn't! Then I don't know who did. It could be Mameko. Anyway Avram thought it was me and asked me if I did it. I said no. He smiled. I could tell he's thinking I did, but I didn't. I said somehow the sound is familiar to him, so it must be his mishearing. Then he suddenly put his hands on my arms, looked at my eyes and said softly , "RIE, you burp and you fart... ." He kept saying something, but it was too funny he called my name and saying as if he's saying romantic words. I couldn't stop laughing and looking at his beautiful eyes, so I didn't hear his words until the end.

Every time he calls my name, tries to be serious to say some words, looks at my eyes very well, and pretends to be romantic, he makes me laugh a lot. I'm sorry, Avram. I can't be a good actress. I have no idea when we can be a couple like in American romance movies.

He calls me "Oi!" ( "hey" in Japanese) when he can't find me in a public place. Unfortunately it works better than my name. Then I can find him easily. He is smiling:D I wonder how many women look at him if he says "Oi!" in Japan. I should get used to hear he calls my name.

I will try to look at Avram like a romantic couple when he tries to be romantic before we have a baby. We'll see:)

No comments: