Sunday, October 25, 2009

Recovery Complete

After the marathon last weekend, I was a bit sore. I wanted to start running again on Wednesday, but I was too busy at work. I did not get a chance to run until Saturday. I went for a great 13 mile run. The middle few miles were along a path that was new for me. During the run, I realized that the marathon training program I did for 16 weeks really was just a way for me to get in good enough shape to do what I want to. What I really want to do is explore as much of the city and surrounding areas as I can by running.

So, now my new goal is to maintain my current fitness and see how long my long runs can become. Also, I will start bringing my bus pass so that my 4 hour runs can be one way. I should be able to see lots more new areas that way. I have also been eying the nearby mountains as possible destinations.

I don't know what Mameko will do to my schedule, but I will try to keep in shape until she is ready to be pushed in a running stroller.

No comments: