Sunday, October 11, 2009

One week to race day

One week from today I will be enjoying the Gyeongju Marathon. We have reservations at a nice Pension and will drive up there on Saturday.

Today, my race packet came in the mail. It included a really nice long-sleeve shirt, a timing chip, my numbered bib, a race booklet and a 10% off coupon for an asics product. Not the best swag bag ever, but the race was not that expensive and the shirt is one of the best I have ever gotten. There is absolutely no advertising on the back.

The race booklet had pictures of all the international stars who will be competing in the elite category and a map of the course. The course seems to follow the river mostly, so it should be fairly flat. I should have no trouble finishing in well under the 5 hour limit. Also, the course passes near the Start/Finish line twice, so Rie should get to see me a few times during the race. It looks like it finishes with a half-lap around the municipal stadium, so there should be a good crowd and lots of energy at the finish.

I am still bummed about only running 11 miles this weekend, but my training schedule got me to an enjoyable 23 mile run two weeks ago, so I may as well follow it until the end next Sunday.

No comments: