Sunday, December 21, 2008

I got shot

I have always enjoyed eating street food when I travel the world. My mother has been after me for years to get a Hepatitis B vaccine, but somehow I never got around to it. A doctor told us that 10% of Koreans have Hepatitis B and that we should be careful. Since medical care is so cheap here, I figured that this is the perfect place to get some shots. Each visit only costs about $15.

I took off Thursday morning from work and went to the Dong-Eui Medical Center. The nurse from the international section took me around and made sure I did the right thing at the right place in the hospital. So, now I have had my first of three shots.

Rie got her shot last weekend and we will both go back for the second shot next month.

Korea is a very communal place when it comes to sharing food. Often, the main course is served on a big plate and every body just eats from there. Usually, when I order the same soup as the person next to me, it comes in one bowl for us to share.

No comments: