Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our family counselor Yuki


My mother loves to talk with her grandchildren on the phone. She enjoys the conversations much more than before these days because my niece and nephew talk a lot.

My seven year old niece,Yuki is our family counselor. When we have some problems in our family, we ask her what we can do. My mother often asks Yuki about her second daughter.

My 23 year-old younger sister Chikako always sleeps late. The other day my mother complained she doesn't help with the house work when she's at home, so I said "Ask Yuki to wake her up. " My mother called Yuki, "Please talk to Chikako and tell her she should help her mother." Yuki said ok. She talked to Chikako.

Yuki : "Chika-nechan, you should help your mother. Wake up now and help her. Let's make your day schedule! What time do you want to go to bed and wake up everyday? I usually go to bed around eight and wake up at six. Let's do it!"

Chikako : "No way! I go to school during daytime and then work at night. I come home late everyday. I can't do it."

Yuki : "I see. Then you can't do that. Let me talk to my grandma. I will talk it to her for you."

Yuki : "Grandma, she can't do that because she works hard. If you get tired from your house work, please work for ten minutes and have ten minutes rest. It could help you."

She is funny. She seems like she has thought deeply all the time and her words are like lessons for us, especially to Chikako. They are like just friends or Yuki is Chikako's senior.

Yuki wonders many things. Why her friends can be mean to their friends, why they are sometimes nice to her but sometimes are not, or why bears hibernate during the winter, but how about people etc... . Then she says, "Let's look it up in books!"

She also likes to ask about words from news on TV to her parents. Her parents have to explain all of her questions. My sister-in-law says it's sometimes very difficult to give her answers.

My mother and her husband talked after they talked with Yuki on the phone. "Yuki would be like Rie. She could fix our problems and control our family well."

I was a quiet girl. I mean I have been a quiet person. I didn't talk so much like Yuki, but I am good at working for making our family be closer.
I told my mother they need the one who works for the family in each generation. She agreed and she's happy about it.

No comments: