Monday, August 17, 2009

"How to save money" Yuki's tip

This morning, I was talking to Yuki and Konan. Konan asked me what our house in Busan is like. I told him it's nice, but we used to live in a small apartment in Virginia. Then Yuki asked why we lived in a small place. I told her we didn't have enough money then. Of course I was joking. Yuki said she can rend me some money and showed her piggy bank. She keeps Japanese coins and one dollar bill which Avram gave her last January. I said "Thank you. I will save some money for our baby from now. But this is for you. Next time when I need it, please lend me." Yuki said she will.

Konan looked sad when Yuki and I were talking and said he didn't have enough money. He almost started crying. He was cute and I laughed at his words. Konan was upset and said, "I'm not kidding! I'm serious! Don't laugh!" Konan called Yuki to his room and asked how he can make some money. Yuki gave some tips about it. "You don't have to use all the money every time when you get. Save some into your piggy bank. Then you will see more money next time when you open the piggy bank and will be happy:)" Konan said he'll try, but I doubt it.

Three of us studied after talking about money. They do every morning during summer vacation. I gave them English practice notebooks. They loved them. Especially Konan practice counting numbers in English and writing them.

We talked to Avram on the phone this morning. I feel sorry to Avram because it's hard to understand them for him, but they enjoy talking to him very much and can't stop it.

After that they started helping their mother. Yuki washed dishes with me and Konan vacuumed rooms. I realized I could be more lazy if I train my husband and children with house work. It could help our children to be independent.

In the afternoon, we watched a Japanese cartoon by Hayao Miyazaki. Then they played outside and swam. They help their parents and also have a lot of fun. I can see how to raise children this summer and it's fun.

No comments: