Monday, January 18, 2010

Goodbye Korea, Hello Japan

Well, as most of you probably already know, we have up and moved again.

Last Friday was my last day of work in Busan, South Korea. The movers took all of our stuff, we sold the car, and moved to a hotel near the beach. During the taxi ride back to the hotel, I got that warm feeling I remember from my 20s. That feeling of having no home, no car, no job. I love that free feeling, even if it will only last three days this time.

On Saturday, we took Airi on her first airplane ride. It was only about two hours, and except for a minute during the diaper change, she did not cry at all. Even the three hour bus ride to our new hotel did not bother her.

After the agent at the immigration counter stamped my passport, I thanked him in Korean. Rie's funny look reminded me that it is time to break my Korean thanking habit and start up my Japanese thanking habit again.

My new boss met us at the airport and helped us get settled in. He has been a great help and very welcoming. He bought food for us and his wife even baked for us. I think we are going to enjoy our three years here.

Tomorrow, I start my new job in Japan, but it won't be too hard yet. We will spend about three weeks doing paperwork and taking orientation classes before I actually go to my new office. In the mean time, we will look for a place to live and a car to buy.

1 comment:

The Cruzers said...

Carol and I wish you well! Glad you guys have the blog so we can know the latest w/ the Fox's.