Sunday, November 30, 2008

Too much food

My bulging belly is glad that we will be moving into our new home tomorrow. We have had a long six weeks of eating out and eating well.

When I first discovered Korean food nearly 20 years ago, one of the things I liked about it was all of the extra side dishes that came with the main course. When you order one dish, you get a bunch of extra delicious ones as well.

I really enjoy the side dishes, but there are so many that I am often too full for my main course. In this picture, Rie and I ordered the big bowl I am holding and the bowl of red soup at the bottom. The ELEVEN other dishes were just what the woman who made our food felt like giving us.

My current theory is that no matter what you order, the restaurant will fill the tabletop completely with food. For this reason, I usually look for restaurants with small tables.

No comments: