Sunday, November 23, 2008

Life in Korea

Well, I managed to do it again. I am now living and working in my 10th country. This time it is South Korea. Rie and I left Virginia on the 26th of October and got here on the 27th. Two of my co-workers picked us up at the airport and took us to a great hotel in Busan. We quickly settled into our routine. I go to work and do all of my new job paperwork and Rie explores the city and learns about the buses, trains, shopping, neighborhoods, universities, restaurants, etc.

So far in Korea, we have done a few nice hikes in the mountains and explored Busan a bit. I will share some of my initial impressions of this part of South Korea.

There are a lot of people around here who can speak some English. I was able to open a bank account in English. About half of the people we deal with in shops or restaurants are able to do there job well enough in English. It is pretty impressive.

We are still living in a hotel. We moved to one on Haeundae Beach. We have an ocean view from our 18th floor room. We move into our new place in about a week. It will be nice to have a kitchen again and stop eating out so much. Luckily, the eating out has been great.

No comments: