Monday, September 21, 1998

21 SEP 97


I seem to get Internet access all the time now. Last week we went on a great mountain bike ride in Moab. Then it got cloudy, so the moonlight hike was cancelled. The next day we did the same six mile hike to the Needles in Canyonlands that I did a few weeks ago. This group is a bit more hardy, so we added a five mile loop to the middle of the hike and explored Chesler Park. There were some great canyons to squeeze through and it is still one of my favorite hikes, only more so. Then we went on a few short hikes in Arches and then drove the scenic way to Mexican Hat. We went to Slim and Cody's cowboy camp for some more horseback riding, roping, dancing, drinking, shooting, and swimming in the river and mud. Then down to Monument Valley, The Four Corners Monument and up to Mesa Verde. The next day, after a lot of rain, we explored the ancient Puebloan ruins and then drove up to Ouray. Today we did a very nice and very muddy bike ride down the valley and then I went over and saw my cousin Susan. Soon we will go have dinner and then go soak in the nice hot springs.

The latest word from the head office is that I get a week off after this trip ends. I plan to spend the week in Telluride hiking, visiting, and reading a lot of books. Then I should get a ten day trip from Denver to Los Angeles. Then - ???

No comments: