Wednesday, September 16, 1998

16 SEP 97


Since my last update - I have rafted the Royal Gorge and been knocked out of the raft, played on the Great Sand Dunes, hiked in ice cold water to a waterfall, visited Mesa Verde, camped between a muddy river and a cliff in Utah at a Cowboy camp, swam in the muddy river, shot a rifle, ridden a horse, mountain biked in Moab, Utah, hiked to the Needles and bounced around in a jeep in Canyonlands N.P., hiked to Delicate Arch for sunrise, visited my cousins in Telluride, camped in the mountains next to a lake and watched the moon set, soaked in some nice hot springs near Ouray, saw a movie in Steamboat Springs (Conspiracy Theory - I liked it, hiked up and slid down a glacier in Rocky Mountain National Park, watched Elk graze, bugle, and mate, went on a tour of the Coors Brewing Company and hung out in Downtown Denver.

Then the two week trip ended and I started the same trip again with new passengers the next day. This time we are going counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise for you foreigners). We hiked in Rocky Mountain National Park and then soaked in some nice hot springs near Steamboat Springs. Then we drove over to Moab, Utah and I took the Shafer trail into Canyonlands National Park. We bounced up the dirt road for a few hours and then ate dinner while the sun set at Grand Viewpoint. Today we took some short photo-hikes in Arches National Park, and later we mountain bike, and maybe a moonlight hike in Arches.

As you can probably tell, I am enjoying my month in Colorado. In early October I should return to California and hopefully will be able to work through the winter for Trek - someplace warm.

No comments: