Friday, October 16, 1998

16 OCT 98


I hung out in Boston for the rest of the week and then went down to New Jersey. I played a game called 'Pitch and Putt' on a shrunken golf course with Uncle Jim and Cousin Josh. I also visited with Aunt Anne and Cousin Nancy. Then I vegetated on their couch for a few days before heading down to Florida.

I spent almost two weeks at my mother's. Mostly I slept and read books. Occasionally I moved boxes and furniture and painted a room. I also saw my grandparents and cousins Dori and Uri. I also tried to rearrange my web page, so now it is a little messed up. I hope to fix it someday.

On Wednesday afternoon I flew to Los Angeles. I went to the hotel I stay at when I am working and visited with the tour leaders who were hanging around. I also arranged my meeting with Mike, a fellow tour leader, in Nepal.

After a few hours in the hotel, I returned to the airport and got on a big plane for a long flight. Thirteen hours after take off we got to Taiwan. There was a typhoon. We tried landing twice, but the wind shear was too strong. We ended up going to Hong Kong instead, it was only another hour further.

I think that the Hong Kong airport is the nicest one I have ever seen. It is huge and it is clean. It is also very quiet. I could hear the dishes clattering in a restaurant three floors above me.

After a few hours, I got on another plane and came over here to Singapore. I used my usual method to find a place to sleep. I took a bus to the section of the city that has many cheap places to stay. When I got off the bus there was a man from one of the hostels there, ready to take me to my new home. I have a dirty, hard bed in a room with three sets of bunk beds. But, it is my first bed since I stopped working. No more couches or floors for me, I am going in style from now on. The bed is a little expensive, but I guess six dollars it not too bad.

I went to some street stalls for lunch. I ate a nice noodle soup and washed it down with sugar cane juice. Now I am ready to go explore the city. Bye.

No comments: