Saturday, March 21, 1998

21 MAR 98

Last week, we went to the Sumidero canyon and took a boat ride. We saw a few crocodiles and a bunch of birds. We also saw the Christmas tree waterfall and the Sea horse formation.

After many hours on curvy mountain roads we arrived in Oaxaca and spent the next few days at the ruins of Monte Alban and Mitla. We also went to Teotitlan de Valle to see rugs being made and Arrazola to buy some funky painted carved animals. Finally, we saw the giant Tule tree and toured a Mezcal factory.

Yesterday we explored some tunnels in the world´s largest pyramid, by volume. We also climbed up to the church on top that the Spanish put there, in Cholula

Now I am in Puebla and I found an Internet place that charges only two dollars per hour. Of course, now I only have one hour to spare before I drive everyone back to Mexico City. This is the last day of our trip.

Tonight I meet my new passengers and start heading north with them tomorrow.

Well, not much to say this week. I did not jump off of any thing or swim in anything.

No comments: