Monday, August 4, 1997

4 AUG 97


After I braved the Mexican traffic in Puerto Vallarta I drove up to the place Arnold Schwarzenager filmed Predator. I played in the same waterfalls he blew up and swung on a rope. Eventually my passengers realized I was having fun and joined me in the river. Then we went up to San Blas and hand fed an alligator before we swam in his swamp. Then up to Mazatlan for a day in the sun (and the pool) at the El Cid Mega Resort. Two days later we took one of the best train rides in the world from Los Mochis to Creel up the Copper Canyon. We took a couple of enjoyable day hikes in the canyon and played in some hot springs and waterfalls. The next day was another nine hour train ride. I was good for most of it, then I got too bored and entertained the whole train by having my hair braided, leading a session of limbo, encouraging water gun fights, and playing with the little kids on the train. The last two days of the trip involved nothing but driving and a stop a Dairy Queen once we crossed into the U.S. I spent two days in the Los Angeles office and then flew home to Florida. My brother Milo was down here and I also saw my mother, grandparents, and cousin Dori and Uri. Then I drove up to Tampa to watch my childhood friend get married. Tracie had a very interesting Catholic wedding and an enjoyable reception. Then I drove up to Jacksonville and hung out with Abbie and Brian for a day. They have this great board game called Settlers and I am now addicted. Now I am in Gainesville at Karla's work trying to get her to take the rest of the day off and come out and play.

No comments: